25 reasons to close a sale
Reasons why a prospect might say: Yes!
Fencing is often cited as the most difficult skill or technique for salespeople to master. The main reason for this is the fear of hearing “no”.
Shake your head! Sure, prospects say no, but a lot of them say yes.
Give yourself a chance to fight. Instead of focusing on why a prospect might say no and panicking, focus on why a prospect (or customer) might say yes. By doing this, you create a positive mindset and you start to think about why you should ask for the sale instead of why you shouldn’t.
Here are 25 reasons why your prospects might say yes:
- For some reason the customer loves you. People buy from people they like.
- The customer trusts you. Double whammy. People buy from people they love AND trust.
- They see the value of your product or service.
- Your price is right. Maybe even awesome.
- They want what you have.
- The prospect doesn’t like your competition.
- The prospect sees no additional value in your competition.
- He / she is in a good mood and buys on the fly.
- The prospect is in a hurry and wants to save time.
- Prospect is unhappy with their current supplier and wants a change
- Customer wants to minimize their risk with the current supplier
- The prospect wants to send a “message” to their current supplier.
- The prospect wants to make a product change and try something new.
- The prospect is a new buyer and has no allegiance to the existing seller.
- You sell well. You are good at what you do.
- The prospect has no choice. You win by default.
- They lack the courage to say “no”.
- The decision to buy from you can make the prospect look good in the eyes of their boss.
- You have an attractive offer. Why not?
- You are politely persistent and the prospect admires your tenacity.
- The prospect feels the need to reciprocate because you made or sent something of value (such as an item, a card, a bottle of BBQ Spice).
- They fear being taken aback.
- The prospect wants to “ test you ” and see your performance.
- Your marketing material was convincing
- He’s a mystic: Jupiter is aligned with Mars.
- You are just in luck.
There are probably 25 more reasons if you just take the time to think. Many reps put too much emphasis on why a prospect might say “no” and convince themselves not to ask for the sale. This leads to discouragement, stress and burnout. The smart choice is to go into a sale thinking about all the reasons a prospect might say yes. This leads to a positive attitude which is reflected in your behavior and in what you say.
Think yes and sell more.