Benefits of EVM
- EVM predicts the future, gives visibility through clear metrics.
- Improves control over overall project performance.
- Predicts completion of the project and final cost.
- Identifies the problem by analyzing the data that has been captured and provides early warning of issues.
- Integrates work, schedule, and costs using a work breakdown structure.
Metrics in EVM
Planned Value (PV)
Earned Value (EV)
Cost Variance (CV)
Schedule Variance (SV)
Schedule Performance Index (SPI)
Cost Performance Index (CPI)
Forecasted Cost (Typical)
Forecasted Cost (Atypical)
- Earned Value
- Planned Value
- Actual Cost
- Planned Cost
EVM Reports in Project Portfolio Dashboard
- Ahead of schedule & over budget
- Behind schedule & under budget
- Behind schedule & over budget